Friday, November 04, 2005

Thankful for...

I'm sitting here wondering what the doctors are going to tell my Mom today. A few weeks ago, I was so content with my life. And now, I feel so much turmoil because of the illness of my Mother, my Mother-in-law and my Step-dad. They say things come in threes. Well, my plate is full, so any other emergencies can just go away, right? I sure hope so.

Here are some things I am extremely grateful for, in no particular order:

1. My Mom... the fact that I have gotten to have this much time with her. Her autoimmune disease could have taken her 5 years ago when she was 'diagnosed'. I'm thankful that I get to talk to her on the phone numerous times a day. I can pick up the phone at any time and just call to say hello or get an update on my siblings.

2. My kids... the fact that I have three healthy, beautiful and smart kids just amazes me. I look around at all the things that my kids 'could' have. All the diagnosis the doctors are making in kids today, and I thank God that my children are 'normal'.

3. My husband... he is the most caring, selfless person I know. That man would sacrifice his own happiness to ensure that my needs are met. And while I really hope he wouldn't, I am grateful knowing that he loves me THAT much. Because of him, I know the meaning of a wonderful marriage.

Some things that I am so blessed to have:
1. a wonderful home
2. great neighbors
3. a wonderful network of women I can lean on whenever I need them
4. enough money to get us all the things we need and a lot of stuff we don't need, but enjoy just the same

Count your blessing everyone. Especially when things look gloomy. Right now it would be so easy for me to just sit and wallow in self pity because of all the stressful things in my life. Instead, I am chosing to be positive, see the good in whatever comes, and just live my life to the fullest. Because without the hard times, I probably wouldn't even think twice about those things that make my life so good.

1 comment:

2J3K&P said...

I hope your mom gets positive news today. You are such a sweet person, with all that you are going through, I loved my note. Thank you! You're so right about being thankful, sometimes it's hard to see the good stuff but it will always be better to try and find it! Love, Jenni