Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Turkey



I cooked a pretty big turkey for Thanksgiving which resulted in a good bit of leftovers. We ate on them for a few days and I was even able to freeze some of the turkey for later use. Tonight, I used the last of the left-over turkey to make soup. I just learned how to make soup about 2 months ago, when I was trying to figure out what to do with the left-over turkey a day after Thanksgiving. The kids have mixed reviews about it. Matthew loves it! Jacob only likes some of the ingredients and will pick out what he doesn't like. Lauren won't eat it or complains the entire meal if we do make her eat it.
The picture above is my bowl of soup tonight. I used turkey, celery, parsley, onion, garlic, carrots, zucchini, cabbage and egg noodles. Below, is my bowl when I was done! The weather is supposed to dip into the negative digits tonight with the wind chill. I thought it was perfect weather for soup!