Monday, June 12, 2006

Good Day, Sunshine

I got a lot accomplished today.

I spoke with the Mom of the incident again today. I have told her that sleepovers are off and that I must be there for play dates at her home. I know I am making the right choice here, it's just hard to be so firm sometimes. But it's my child and it has to be this way. Crazy thing is that I probably wouldn't set as firm of a boundary if the situation didn't involve my child, only myself.

I got to see and speak to Mike online this morning. It sucks that he is so far away, but it is comforting to be able to see him.

A friend came to make invites for her daughter's birthday party. I think they came out cute and she was happy with them as well.

Another friend stopped in to say HI... I love her! :) It seems she always pops up when I need to see her most.

After that I tinkered around the house a bit then went out to cut the grass. I am so thankful Mike fixed the riding lawnmower while he was home. I would have not gotten the yard done if I had to use the push mower again.

The kids got home and we finished separating the boys clothes. They got their own rooms last week and I still needed to get some of Lauren’s things out of Jake’s new closet. Once we finished with the boys stuff, I went through Lauren’s clothes and pulled out the things that no longer fit or that she just won’t wear. I am having a yard sale this weekend and figured now was as good a time as any to get this done and out of the house.

After dinner I had to replace the belt on the vacuum and clean dog hair. I also brushed one of the dogs. The other wouldn’t sit still long enough!

Now I am just surfin’ the net. I think I’m going to go give my dog a bath.

It’s days like today that make me feel really good. I feel like I got a lot done. I hope tomorrow is just as busy!

No comments: