Monday, December 26, 2005

This and That

We had a good Christmas. The kids were spoiled and got nearly everything on their lists this year. Mike got a tshirt and PS2 game off his list as well as the ATV. And I got my one hour back massage (professional!!) and a wireless keyboard and mouse. I didn't ask for the keyboard and mouse, but MAN it's so nice to not have the dog sleeping on the wires!

I am sooo ready to take the tree down! Usually, I like to wait until the first week of January, but this year, I'm just tired of looking at it.

We are on the countdown until Mike leaves for Korea. He flies out on Feb 8. Too soon. I am hoping for a weekend away, just the two of us, before he leaves. It will interesting to see how the kids take it. They were way to young last time to understand. I think the boys will be fine, it's Lauren who will have the hardest time. The boys will get to email Daddy, and I think that will be pretty cool for them. I'm looking forward to this time next year, because we will be that much closer to him coming back home.

I am on break from school. I don't know how I pulled two As out of last semester! And countless quilts completed (not to mention the 3 I didn't quite finish yet). I'm really not looking forward to classes starting again. But only a little over a year left until I finish my degree. I can do this..

The visit with Mom was nice. I was suprised things flowed so smoothly with seven extra people here. The kids were in heaven with 3 cousins to play with. Mom looks pretty good. Very tired. She cracked another rib last week. Coughing. It saddens me to see how this disease has progressed. And it scares me that it could be genetic. I look at all the cancer on her Dad's side the family, and the diabetes on her Mom's side the family, and I wonder what chance do I have?!

I'm looking forward to next year. I know alot of things will be different, but I am up for the challenges (I hope). Watching the kids grow and change is so amazing. I love the people they are becoming. It makes me so proud to see how independant they are. Man, I've got it so good.

No comments: