Monday, April 28, 2008

What a Pain

My periods have been pretty painful for a while now. They aren't irregular. The bleeding isn't unusually heavy. I tend to bloat and get constipated. Last month was extremely painful. I could hardly move and cried to walk or sit. I started this past Saturday and spent yesterday in a ball on the couch. Motrin didn't help.

I got up this morning and got ready for work. The pain was still there and I couldn't see how I would be able to function today. I called to make a same day appt, but they couldn't get me in until tomorrow morning. I ended up going to the ER because I couldn't wait.

When asked what I was there for, I got some strange looks when I said that my uterus hurt. The doctor felt my abdomen and I was in tears it hurt so bad to just be touched. They started an IV and gave me morphine as they wanted to a pelvic exam. That was excruciating! (The pelvic exam). I was then send down for x-rays and as ultrasound.

The doctor came back and told me that I was constipated. (It happens every month when I am on my period). He also felt that was more to it. I have a referral to see a gyn. He basically thinks I have endometriosis. I was sent home with motrin, narcotics and a referral out to a gyn. So, now I wait for the phone call to see what the next steps are.

No comments: