Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All Too Real...

There is a pile of clothes, books, golf clubs, shoes, and the rest of Mike's things in the family room right now. It's waiting for the movers to get here tomorrow. He's moving out. It's only "temporary". As temporary as a year in Korea can be. The entire thing is staring me in the face now, and I just want to run and hide. I'm ok most of the time.
I broke down last night on the way home from karate. I got in and just cried in his arms. He leaves in three weeks. Three weeks. The kids are starting to understand how close it's getting. I'm sick that it's as close as it is. I know that once he is gone, it will be easier. This anticipation of saying goodbye is the hardest part. I hope I can keep it together, at least in front of the kids.

No comments: