Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to the Grind




The kids went back to school today! It's so hard to believe that I have a 4th, a 6th and an eight grader! This also means that I am back to work. I am curently working two days a week as the Elementary Guidance Counselor. I am also going to school full time to earn my Masters degree in both elementary counseling and agency counseling. I really love being in the school system and working with the kids. I am doing the agency part because it makes me more marketable, and with only 3 extra classes, it would be silly to not just do it. This means that I am driving an hour and half each way, three nights a week, to go to college.

Today, after school, both of my boys asked to do sports after school. I feel horrible that I can't provide transportation for them because of my own schedule. With Mike currently deployed, there isn't much wiggle room. I know it will all work it. I just feel bad, like I'm hindering them for my own selfish reasons.

I guess I need to just deal with the fact that this is the way it will be. I am going to try to find another parent that may be able to help with transportation.

No comments: